Last updated: 17th August 2020
Here is an update on what Hospice Tairawhiti looks like at Level 2 in response to COVID-19.
As an essential service, we continue to support our patients in the community with a life-limiting illness and their whānau. Our priority is to do this as safely as possible. We are following the Ministry of Health guidelines and working closely with the Hauora Tairāwhiti Health Board.
Here are some of the key changes to our service at Level 2:
We continue to provide the best possible support and care to our patients and their whānau. We promise we will keep those of you in our care informed about what we’re doing.
• We will be increasing the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to keep you and our staff safe.
• We may phone patients or family members prior to visiting. We’ll be asking questions about if they or anyone near them might have been exposed to COVID-19. We’ll also ask about your current health and any symptoms you may have.
• Our loan equipment to improve patient’s quality of life has always been carefully cleaned and sanitised. We are continuing to do this and provide equipment to patients and their whānau.
Patient support services
• Companions in Homes and Life Biographies are continuing at Level 2. Patients and volunteers should keep in touch and not visit if either are displaying any symptoms. Talk to your nurse if you’re unsure.
Hospice Office - At the Rear of the Hospital
Whilst at alert Level 2, we will be reducing the number of people visiting our Hospice office. This adds another level of safety to our nurses and doctors and therefore, also our patients.
We ask you to please phone first before visiting so we can let you know of any additional safety measures that may be in place. Please call us on 06 869 0552. If you are a patient or whānau member, please speak with a nurse first.
Our Hospice shop at 66 Peel Street remains open at Level 2. Please maintain a two-metre physical distance from other shoppers and our volunteers whilst in store. We have the Covid tracking posters throughout the shop and a sign-in sheet at the till and recommend you trace your whereabouts.
Our shop hours are:
• Mondays to Friday: 10:00 – 4:00
• Saturday: 10:00 – 2:00
We are accepting donations of good quality items during opening hourse.
Thank you so much for supporting The Hospice Tairawhiti Shop. Every item donated and purchased supports patients living with a life-limiting illness in the Tairawhiti community.
Our retail volunteers are still doing an amazing job in the Hospice Shop. We understand for some of our volunteers, you will not feel comfortable volunteering and we support and respect your decision. Please get in touch with your Manager to let them know.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Tairawhiti Community Hospice in what has been a challenging year for everyone. We do not have any in-person events planned for August. However, if you would like to support us, here are a couple of ways:
• We are asking for pre-registration for our Long Lunch on Sunday13th September. A fundraising lunch featuring the Spring Fashion Show and Katie Jane Wellness. Please register your interest here.
Please follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
The safety of our staff is critical if we are to continue providing essential Hospice care. Please follow the Government’s guidelines. You will be directly helping some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
Me mahi tahi tatou mo te oranga o te katoa
We should work together for the wellbeing of everyone